Bengaluru Announces Lockdown From July 14 As COVID-19 Cases Rise

0 0
Read Time:1 Minute, 11 Second


Bengaluru Announces Lockdown From July 14 As COVID-19 Cases Rise

Bengaluru will go into a lockdown from 8 pm on July 14 to 5 am on July 23.

Bengaluru:

Bengaluru will go into a lockdown from 8 pm on July 14 to 5 am on July 23 to slow the spread of the coronavirus, Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa said on Saturday.

All essential services including supply of milk, vegetables, fruits, medicines and groceries will continue uninterrupted, the chief minister said in a tweet.

“I appeal to people to cooperate with the government, follow all guidelines, take all precautionary steps and help us contain the pandemic,” he tweeted.

Earlier, the sprawling city had been divided into eight zones which were being monitored by ministers.

Despite the spike in coronavirus cases, the state government had earlier said it against any re-imposition of the lockdown, beyond the Sunday lockdown, that has been announced for this month. This was reiterated by ministers just a couple of days ago.

Bengaluru Urban district has the highest number of cases in Karnataka accounting for more than half of the state’s new cases over the last several days.

Several other states have extended the lockdown amid rising cases. Bengal had announced a lockdown till July 31 and has stopped flights from worst-affected cities till July 19.

Nagaland has also extended the lockdown till July 31. Guwahati will also be under lockdown till July 19.



Source link

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *